Requesting A Meeting Room
Dothan Houston County Library System (DHCLS) public Meeting Rooms are primarily used for library-related programs and activities. When not in use, DHCLS encourages additional use by outside organizations and individuals on a first-come, first served basis for cultural, civic, educational and informational meetings of interest to the community. Meeting Rooms are accessible to people with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Requests should be submitted a minimum of 3 business days in advance and are subject to the approval of management. All requests must be in compliance with the DHCLS Meeting Room Policy.
Due to extra programming as part of the Summer Reading Program, DHCLS meeting rooms will not be available for reservation for events occurring from June 1st through July 31st, 2017. We thank you for your understanding.
Please use the following instructions to request a room.
- Click the ‘Request a Meeting Room’ link at the bottom of this page to be taken to the Meeting Room Policy Page.
- Read the DHCLS Meeting Room Policy, and click on ‘I Agree’ to proceed to the room request system.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the ‘Login’ link.
- Enter your DHCLS Library Card number and your PIN. If your library account is not in good standing, the system will not allow you to make a request until the issues have been cleared up. In addition, you must have an email address in your Library card account information to be able to make a request.
- Once you are logged in, click the ‘Search for a Space’ button to be taken to the room selection page.
- Using the ‘Time’ and ‘Date’ tabs at the top of the page, select the date and time range you would like to request. To choose a time range, use the blue sliders to indicate the starting and ending times you will be requesting (please note that all meetings at the end of the day must be finished by fifteen minutes before the Library’s posted closing time).
- Notice which rooms show as having an availability. You can click the ‘See More’ link for each meeting room to get additional information about what is available for each (number of chairs, tables, projection system, etc.).
- Click the ‘Pick Me!’ button for the room you want to request.
- Please enter information explaining the reason for your request (the purpose of the meeting, information about the group or club, etc.).
- Please select from the ‘Choose Organization’ drop-down menu. If you have not previously registered your organization, select ‘No Organization.’ If you are making a reservation on behalf of a registered group, choose from the ‘Join an Organization’ link.