DHCLS welcomes public suggestions for new items to be added to the library’s collection.
Before you submit a purchase suggestion, please read the following guidelines:
Submission of a purchase suggestion is no guarantee that the item suggested will actually be purchased. Purchase decisions are made depending on various factors, including item popularity, item availability, and available funds, among others. DHCLS attempts to accommodate as many suggestions as possible, but we cannot guarantee that all suggestions submitted will be approved.
Please search the online catalog to see if DHCLS already owns a copy of the title in question. Suggestions for items already in the catalog will be discarded.
- Once you have verified that the library does not have the item you are requesting, click the button below to go to our online catalog.
- If you are not already logged in, the page will direct you to do so. If you are logged in, continue on to the next step.
- Enter the information into the relevant fields. The Title and Author are required.
- If you are requesting a DVD or TV Series, enter N/A or DVD in the Author field.
- Enter any other information you have into the relevant fields. If you have a special request, or would like to include other details, enter that information into the Notes field.
- Click the Submit Your Suggestion button at the bottom of the page to submit your purchase request.
- The next page will show a list of items you have suggested. From here, you can click the +New Purchase Suggestion link to submit another request.
Click here to submit a purchase suggestion.