Please click on a policy to view more information about that policy.
Code of Conduct
Community Information & Bulletin Board Policy
Collection Development Policy
Computer and Internet Use Policy
- We accept the following materials in usable condition.
- Popular fiction and current non-fiction (Paperbacks/Hardcovers)
- Local History Materials
- Children’s books
- CDs and DVDs
- We do not accept the following materials.
- Encyclopedias and textbooks
- Cassettes (audio or video) or software
- Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Items in poor physical condition, for example: broken spine, moldy, water damaged, mildewed, missing or yellowed pages, etc.
- All gifts or donations become the property of DHCLS, which reserves the right to keep or dispose of the items in any manner it deems appropriate. In most cases, usable library materials that are not added are offered to the Friends of the Library for their Book Sales, or other charitable organizations. Money raised by the sale of donated material is used to benefit DHCLS and its programs.
- Donated items will not be returned to the donor and DHCLS will not accept any item that is not an outright gift.
- At the request of the donor, DHCLS will supply a Books and Materials Acknowledgement form signed by the employee receiving the materials. The form may be used by the donor to keep an official record of the donation.
- The Library does not evaluate or appraise gift materials for tax purposes. If items are being donated to obtain a tax benefit, it is the donor’s responsibility to establish fair market value or obtain expert assistance in establishing any value. The IRS prohibits DHCLS from determining market value.
- We ask that you donate what can be easily physically carried inside. For pickups of larger donations, please contact the Friends of the Library at email@example.com.
Filming & Photography Policy
Library of Things Policy
Loan Policy Chart
A maximum of 40 items may be checked out on a single library card at one time. An item cannot be renewed if another patron has placed a hold on that same item.
Reference, Local History, and Microform materials CANNOT be checked out. They are for in-house use only; patrons may make photocopies of these materials for use outside of the library (printing charges apply). For Microfilms, a microfilm reader is available for use at the Downtown Library. Please inquire at the Downtown Library’s Circulation Desk for more information.
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Checkout Limit||Daily Fine Per Item||Maximum Fine Per Item||Holds Allowed|
|Books||21 Days (2 renewals)||40||.25 per day||$15.00||20|
|7-Day Books||7 Days (2 renewals)||5||.25 per day||$25.00||20|
|Large Print Books||21 Days (2 renewals)||40||.25 per day||$25.00||20|
|Paperbacks||21 Days (2 renewals)||40||.25 per day||$8.00||20|
|Juvenile Books||21 Days (2 renewals)||40||.10 per day||$10.00||20|
|Juvenile Kits||21 Days (2 renewals)||5||1.00 per day||$10.00||20|
|Subject in a Box||21 Days (no renewals)||2||1.00 per day||Cost of Replacement||20|
|DVDs||7 Days (no renewals)||5||1.00 per day||$20.00||20|
|Audio Books||21 Days (2 renewals)||5||1.00 per day||$25.00||20|
|eBooks (CamelliaNet)||14 Days||5||$0.00||$0.00||5|
|iPad||2 Hours||1||1.00 per hour||Cost of Replacement||0|
|Laptop||2 Hours||1||2.00 per hour||Cost of Replacement||0|
|Nook eReader||21 Days (2 renewals)||1||1.00 per day||$50.00||0|
|Study Room||1 Hour (renewals upon availability)||1||5.00 per hour||$10.00||0|
|Freegal Music||Yours To Keep||5||$0.00||$0.00||0|
|Zinio Digital Magazines||Yours To Keep||Unlimited||$0.00||$0.00||0|
The following loan policies apply to items checked out from Hoopla Digital.
|Type of Material||Loan Period||Maximum Checkout Limit||Daily Fine Per Item|
|Audio Books||21 Days||5||0|
Meeting Room Policy
Protection of confidentiality does not extend to records of outstanding fines or fees; payments for the use of Library premises or equipment; or communications directed to the Library regarding Library services.