Proctoring Services at DHCLS
Please read all of the following, as well as the linked signing form at the bottom.
The Dothan Houston County Library System provides limited examination proctoring services. All DHCLS proctoring sessions are provided subject to the following rules and restrictions:
- DHCLS accepts requests for proctoring sessions on a first-come, first-served basis; we cannot fulfill requests for unscheduled/on-the-spot proctoring. The scheduling of sessions is at the discretion of DHCLS staff, and we may not be able to fulfill all requests. A DHCLS Library Card is NOT needed to use DHCLS proctoring services.
- Proctoring sessions are ONLY offered Monday-Friday, as available. All proctoring sessions must end by 5:00pm CST, and cannot be scheduled for later in the day. Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your session to allow for fee payment and test setup.
- Proctoring is only offered at the Downtown Library. Test takers must provide their own transportation to and from the Downtown Library for proctoring sessions.
- A fee of $20.00 applies for all proctoring sessions. If a test must be printed, printing charges apply ($0.15/page for black and white, $0.50/page for color). If your institution requires that the test must be mailed to them, an envelope must be supplied, and a $2.00 mailing fee (to cover postage/handling) will apply. All fees are due at time of service.
- All test-takers must provide/arrange to provide DHCLS with the following information regarding the proctored exam they wish to take:
- Name of institution offering the examination.
- Name and contact information of your instructor and/or your institutional testing center administrator (whoever will be sending the examination to us).
- Specific information regarding the requirements of the proctored exam, including but not limited to: access password; duration of test/allowed testing time; use of external resources (such as calculator, scratch paper, etc.). If a specific web browser must be used to take the examination, this information must be provided ahead of time. NOTE: this information must come from your institution. Instructions transmitted to DHCLS by your institution/instructor supersede any instructions they may give to you.
- Test-takers should call the Downtown Library 24 hours in advance to confirm that the Library has received their test material.
- DHCLS is not responsible for any incorrect testing information provided by your institution (i.e. wrong password, wrong test, etc).
- Installation of software beyond what the library provides (Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Office) requires prior approval of DHCLS IT. We are not responsible for software incompatibilities, and cannot guarantee that technical problems will not occur when using the library’s internet and/or computers.
Please read and sign the Test Proctor Agreement Form, and hand it in on the day of your test.