Interlibrary Loan at DHCLS
ILL allows DHCLS to obtain materials not in our catalog from other libraries on a temporary basis, for use by a single patron. Materials that may be requested via ILL include printed books and periodical articles (from magazines and scholarly journals).
Before you submit a request, please read the following ILL Terms and Conditions:
- You must have a DHCLS library card in good standing to request materials via ILL.
- Only printed books and periodical articles may be requested via ILL.
- Books published within the past year may not be requested for ILL; please submit a purchase request instead.
- All ILL requests must be picked up and returned at the Main/Downtown Library’s Circulation Desk. Please do not return ILL books to the Ashford or Westgate branches, or in any branch’s book drop.
- Fees apply for certain ILL services, as follows:
- There is a $5.00 charge per title for ILL book requests; this charge covers packaging and shipping costs for the title to and from its origin library, and is due at the time a title is picked up. This charge does not apply if the ILL request is unable to be made.
- There is no charge for ILL periodical requests, unless a copy or service fee is charged by the ILL provider. Any such fee will be communicated to the patron.
- All ILL books circulate for 14 days, and cannot be renewed.
- A fine of $1.00 per day applies to late ILL books, as they must be shipped back to their origin library in a timely manner.
- ILL books are not purchases for DHCLS or patron collections. They are loaned from an origin library to DHCLS to allow us to check out the book to you.
- ILL books must be returned in the same condition they are issued to patrons. DHCLS patrons are responsible for any and all damages to ILL books while the books are checked out to them, and are liable for any damage pursuant to the damage policy of the origin library. Patrons will pay all damage fees to DHCLS for remittance to the origin library.